Skip to main content

Shopping Cart
HomeOrganization FAQ

ICPS Organization FAQ

What kind of organization is the International Carnivorous Plant Society?


The ICPS is incorporated in the State of California as a section 5310(b) nonprofit public benefit corporation and is registered with US IRS as a section 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. 


The ICPS is the International Cultivar Registration Authority (ICRA) for cultivated carnivorous plant names according to the International Code for the Nomenclature of Cultivated Plants.



Is membership tax deductible in the USA?

The money you pay for membership is NOT tax deductible in the USA.


What activities of the ICPS can I contribute money to that are tax deductible?

Assuming of course you can deduct contributions on your taxes, the tax deductible activities for which the ICPS is actively soliciting funds are our conservation grants program and to support our public web sites. You may read more about the ICPS Conservation Program on our public web site.


What activities can I volunteer for?


  • Look at the ICPS public web site and ask yourself, "what's missing?"  Chances are if you don't see something you are interested in there, we need someone to do it.
  • Contribute an article to Carnivorous Plant Newsletter.
  • Packetize and contribute seeds to the Seed Bank.
  • Write content for our web site.  We need "How to's" and we need educational materials for teachers to use in the classroom.